Monday, January 31, 2011

Some pages

5 to 15 minutes of creating is keeping me happy and sane in between all our snow storms, shoveling and survival skills. Crossed my fingers, while scanning a few images, hoping my PC wouldn't fail. Needs a new hardrive fan and squeals while it is running. The Cool-i-Cam camera is a challenge although fun. Keep getting parts of what I want, cutting off head/feet/left/right. aargh! but fun...running up and down stairs to the PC, plug/unplug the camera, bring up images and start all over again. I'm determined...can you tell.

This page is for one of the Weekly Challenges, at BAJ with Kim Owens, called Letters. Using only letters cut from magazines and nothing else, to create a page. I spent time cutting and then didn't know what I wanted to say, so put it away for awhile. I then decided to use this Shakespeare quote from Hamlet (I think) which continues to inspire me. I found this actually from reading "Something Wicked this Way Comes" by Ray Bradbury which led me to Shakespeare. At the time, I was working on a sculpture that I was using screws through rubber and sand and was constantly piercing my fingers...painful. This quote seemed wonderful and accurate at the time.



A couple of other pages are using nudges from over at Diana Trouts? Some are a couple of minutes and others take more time. Here's two of mine. I think it is nudge #11: weaving (using copies of your other art/journal pages/etc). I haven't done paper weaving in a very long time. This first attempt left me feeling ridiculous as I couldn't figure out how to do it...duh! But I loved how it came out anyway. I added some text and it became a different thing all together. Love surprises.



My next attempt came out beautiful and I love it. See so many possibilities for it.



I decided to do a page next to it to show the image (minus the text) I used to create the weave. This is a little darker than the original. So fun.



Hope you find some creative time today...

4 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Oh, these pages are awesome. I need to make more time for art journaling. I sort of fell off it but I still pop over to Blissjournaling from time to time.

Love these...

My Main Blog, JulieUnplugged.

Purrplekatt said...

Wonderful pages Cynthia!

Tammy Freiborg said...

So unique! Love the exploration with weaving.

Melissa S. said...

Love the word art Cynthia...especially the radom letters! Sounds like you are in snow-y country like me!