Sunday, October 03, 2010

Traveling Friendship Journal

Signed on to play in a traveling friendship journal at Blissfully Art Journaling Yahoo Group and these are my pages. The journal has been traveling since January and is nearly done. It was great fun to see the other artist's pages and learn more about them and their styles of journaling. The journal will be auctioned off and the proceeds given to a woman's shelter, fund or organization as yet to be determined. So exciting to be doing something worthwhile sharing with other artists.

This page was to tell about yourself and why you art journal. Had fun play with my feet.

The other pages were about friendship. The letter stamp was my mom's and I was so thrilled to be able to use it here. I love Medieval Manuscripts so it led to using gold paint. The flower stamp I also love to use when I can. I chose to make little notes around the page. After I sent the journal on its way, I wondered what it might have looked like if I'd carried through with a manuscript look. So I'm working on another version and will see what happens.
This page came from thinking about how acquaintances often become dear friends and open new worlds of activities and viewpoints. Anyway, have you called a friend today?

3 comments:

Effy Wild said...

I love your pages. I have been craving manuscript style illuminated pages, but there just isn't time these days. I love the idea of doing a whole journal in that style - maybe my life story written in a mythological kind of form...

You got me thinking! :)

Marilyn Harris Mills aka Maer said...

love the feet page.....creative for sure.

Tammy Freiborg said...

Your pages reveal your creativity, humor, and openess! Fantabulous!!