Monday, January 04, 2010

Day 4 - laughing

At the library today to pick up a book I had on hold. On my way out, I decided to pick up another book by the author I'm reading, David Hewson, as I'm almost finished his "Dante's Numbers". Anyway, back to signing it out and the fellow says "hum" and it made me laugh. He's say "oh, that's a three day read" and laughed as well. So fun. Little does he know I read them after I climb into bed and often only read a page or two before the book falls on my face to wake me up. Now it is not the author's fault as I love the way he writes and sometimes I go to bed early just so I'll have an hour or two.

The second laugh happened as I passed a poster for an upcoming "Chocolate Dessert Evening" at the library. There is a picture of a baby with chocolate all over his face and this most fabulous grin and had me laughing out loud. Made my day.

This is my baby with a chocolate face although she's only just begun. Her first birthday party and I keep the photo on my bureau to remind me of that precious time so long, long ago. Hope you have some laughs today.

1 comment:

Tammy Freiborg said...

1. Hope your nose isn't bruised or pushed into a stub.
2. I want my library to have a chocolate evening.
Thanks for sharing!