Sunday, May 16, 2010

Roaring Thunder

Sitting on the swing on the patio contemplating this sunny, gorgeous morning. Reluctantly came in the house to cook breakfast at 11:30. I heard a few motorcycles roaring by, nothing unusual until I realized the roaring wasn't stopping. DH went outside to see while I looked out the window (can't leave cooking on the stove) and the motorcycles just kept coming two by two, three in a bunch or single. So exciting!!! There must have been at least 50 or more and the sight and sound was incredible. An adventure was afoot and I wished we could participate. This was an annual outing, we think, and they must have gathered at the Harley Davidson Shop down the road. The bikes were shined to perfection, gleaming chrome and various shiny colors: black, reds, blues. Near the end was a three wheel red bike I've seen around town. Amazing!!! Although I'm sure there are challenges to this mode of transportation, the thrill of starting the summer off by hitting the road must be exhilerating!

Yesterday went to a United Native American Culture Center Pow Wow at Ft. Devens. These are very spiritual events but also meant to be fun and educational. There is a ceremony to honor Veterans which is very moving. I love hearing the stories and explanations of what's happening during the drumming and dancing. Brings me closer to the experience and gives me an appreciation for the beauty and simplicity of life.

Hope you get to enjoy a creative day.

1 comment:

.Trudi Sissons said...

Thanks Cynthia for joining in on the Butterfly Effect project - I think we'll be happy we all did!